Money-Saving Monday – Back To School
August 30, 2011 § Leave a comment
Apologies to my non-UK readers – this series is British Isles-centric (despite the above all-American bus).
- The summer holidays are drawing to an end. Do you want a last hurrah with the kids? There’s up to 30% off accommodation and park tickets at Disneyland Paris, and under 7s go free.
- For something closer to home, here’s a voucher for 20% off at the Science Museum IMAX Cinema. Fly Me to the Moon 3D looks especially fun for children.
- A back-to-school party is another fun idea. For yummy, quality nibbles delivered straight to your door, you can’t do better than Ocado, and right now get 15% off your first order when you spend £60 (so order a few nights’ worth of dinner, too). There’s even a special area of the site which lists all of the items on sale – so it’s even easier to save!
- For a more adult get together, treat your guests to a little Hotel Chocolat in their party bags – there’s up to 50% off the summer range.
- As for entertainment, a huge range of products are in the £5 sale at Play. Personally, I love this Dali-esque clock, but there’s also a ton of DVDs – girlie night in with Robert Pattinson (but no vampires), anyone?
- Renting’s best for those who want to avoid clutter, and with LOVEFiLM the process is easy – and cheap! Currently they’re giving a free 30 day trial to new customers, and as if that wasn’t enough, you also get a £15 Amazon voucher when you sign up for the trial.
The new school year is also a brilliant excuse totally legit reason to invest in new wardrobes for everyone:
- Reigning basics champions GAP are offering 25% off children’s back to school favourites.
- As for back to work, Uniqlo are your adult equivalent – this simple shift is just £24.90, and there are stylish, well-made shirts for under £20.
- As I’ve mentioned before, Jaeger are workwear heaven, and if you buy Grazia this week you can get 20% off their clothes.
- My-Wardrobe are also offering discounts, so your splurge can be slightly more pocket-friendly. There’s free shipping on orders over £100 until Friday, and you can also get £50 off when you spend over £250 (that’s scarily easy to do).
And look out for another Dorothy Perkins bargain that I’ll be telling you about later today!